Jan and Russ around Australia

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Port Augusta


Sunrise over the Flinders ranges from the caravan park

It's 8.30pm here in Port Augusta and still almost 32c degrees . Russ and I are just back from a swim in the park pool which was wonderful. The heat has taken us by suprise (it was about 38 when we arrived here at 2.30pm.

We have an ensuite site for the next couple of days so no treks to the amenities block for me through the night. The downside of this site is it's new and there are no trees for shade and we are on stones rather than grass-something we better get used to!! Our poor air conditioner has had to work hard to cool the van, the cupboards are STILL hot inside.

On the way here we stopped in Clare to do some shopping so we could just set up then relax when we arrived here. While I was changing the sheets, I discovered I only brought one pillow case with the other set of linen I brought along. So, it was off to the shops for us. Russ was just about to park under a shopping centre when I remembered we had the boat on top. The boat and car are 2.8 metres, the shopping centre's carpark roof was 2 metres. We had to back out and park in the hot sun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home